depression season
this happened last week in thunder bay. i could not hold back. i had to write a letter to the paper. who cares what people think. i'm not afraid to speak about my demons. they always publish my letters.
i found this photo of her online, i'm sure if i was on FB, i could find more:
i only found out about it, because someone had already wrote this letter:
i submitted this, they usually copy edit for length, so i will post it, if they publish it.
Re: Letter to the Editor - Don’t put permanent answer to temporary problem
I grew up in Thunder Bay & Kakabeka Falls, and when I was 16, I heavily considered killing myself. I didn't do it. I know now, that this is far more common then most people discuss. Changing teenage bodies & hormones, unrealistic media, peer pressure, & teen binge drinking all contribute to these bad thoughts.
Every day since then (i'm 35 now), I have learned that life isn't always easy, and sometimes it really sucks, but you know what happens everyday?
The sun rises again, giving you a fresh start. The earth changes, grows, things change, and you meet new people. Your life begins, a life outside of teenage issues, and a world far outside the small bubble you once lived in exists. Go find it. Find your path in life, and really, don't give a crap about what the other people think of you. It's your life to live.
Talk to someone. Write in your journal, or private blog. Don't give up on your hopes and dreams, EVER....and remember that you are important to more then one person in the world, and if you leave this world, you will be missed more then you will have ever of known. Be strong, but don't be afraid to ask for help. WE WANT TO HELP.
with love
HKD
i found this photo of her online, i'm sure if i was on FB, i could find more:
i only found out about it, because someone had already wrote this letter:
i submitted this, they usually copy edit for length, so i will post it, if they publish it.
Re: Letter to the Editor - Don’t put permanent answer to temporary problem
I grew up in Thunder Bay & Kakabeka Falls, and when I was 16, I heavily considered killing myself. I didn't do it. I know now, that this is far more common then most people discuss. Changing teenage bodies & hormones, unrealistic media, peer pressure, & teen binge drinking all contribute to these bad thoughts.
Every day since then (i'm 35 now), I have learned that life isn't always easy, and sometimes it really sucks, but you know what happens everyday?
The sun rises again, giving you a fresh start. The earth changes, grows, things change, and you meet new people. Your life begins, a life outside of teenage issues, and a world far outside the small bubble you once lived in exists. Go find it. Find your path in life, and really, don't give a crap about what the other people think of you. It's your life to live.
Talk to someone. Write in your journal, or private blog. Don't give up on your hopes and dreams, EVER....and remember that you are important to more then one person in the world, and if you leave this world, you will be missed more then you will have ever of known. Be strong, but don't be afraid to ask for help. WE WANT TO HELP.
with love
HKD









Comments
Post a Comment